The Clothworker’s Centre has also undertaken the conservation of a panel of a burse, cloth container for transporting religious items. This particular piece was last listed as on display in the Victoria and Albert Medieval and Renaissance Gallery. The cloth was made of cut velvet and was also embroidered. The woven cloth was attributed to Italian weavers and the embroidery to English artists. The burse was dated to 1320-1340 AD. The cloth measured 10 inches tall by 11 inches wide the warp was roughly 35 epi. The warp of this velvet appeared to have been a natural color, which would not have been expected to be seen when the cloth was new. Velvet warps must leave room for the weft to be looped over a rod and later cut. Although 35 epi is not particularly fine, it was not surprising for this weave structure. This piece pointed to the use of velvet in England.